English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Swimsuit lovah

I guess I am not the average girl - I love swimsuits (a swimsuit lovah in Sarah Jessica Parker's Sex-and-the-City terms). Next to my overzealous purchasing of cute underwear, I buy too much swimwear. I hardly even go swimming or sunbathing, so my adoration of swimsuits is a little expensive and slightly pointless. Alas, that will probably soon change once I move into my new apartment with a sweet swimming pool. Good thing they have a fitness room, too, so I can (try to) keep myself all trim for swimsuit season. Although I have this darling striped bikini ($93) featured here, I am really a tankini girl because I can keep all my bits undercover and still sample that delicious BBQ while out on the lake with friends. (Yes, the lake - Missouri is a bit far from the sparkly blue ocean, which is where I would rather be, but hey, no sharks!)

This suit by Nautica ($102, click on all pictures to buy suits - i know, i shouldn't make it so easy to spend money) is adorable, and I wish I could add it to my collection. But I must restrain myself from another impulse online purchase (I am sure you know what I mean!).

I have always been a bit partial to giraffes (they were my fave wild animal growing up as a tall girl) so I love this one ($84 top, $54 bottom) at Nordstrom. It also helps that this color combo is great for my red hair and complexion.
This electric purple one from American Apparel ($45) is hot, as Paris Hilton would say. If I could pull it off, I would, especially since bright colors are so now. Happy Swimsuit Season, my little fishies!