English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Thursday, May 3, 2007

Ode to the tan

Along with the whole bridesmaid bit, comes the inevitable ghost-like whiteness of my skin. I love being a redhead for many reasons, but our fair, unable-to-tan skin is not one of them. But I profane of baking in the sun (or in a tanning bed) to get that beautiful glow. Thankfully, our great world has come up with some very nifty products that make me tan without overexposure to the sun (the red-headed lobster look is so not in style). So let me tell you a bit about the bronzers I enjoy. Right now, I am using Nivea, but I have just started using it, so I do not have that great of a review yet. It has worked well so far, but has been more prone to streaking. It might be because I have not been doing this for a while, or it could be because this one is a little more powerful than what I am used to.

This next one I have not tried (it's like $32 a pop, and I rather stick to the $6-$10 range of the others). This fancy pink bottle promises to give you a great air-brush tan from the comfort of your home, plus it is not supposed to make your clothes tan, too! That is my #1 complaint about sunless tanners - my bras, towels, underwear always become a shade of tan, but a turn through the washer usually gets rid of it.


My fellow blogger friend, Sarah, likes the Oil of Olay version, but I have not tried it. Check out her thoughts on this one by clicking on the picture of the lotion. You will be transferred to her amazing blog - View from the Front Porch.

I have also not tried this one by Aveeno, but I love many of their products and think that I would feel the same way about this one. The nifty two-tone, dual-lotion bottle makes me want to buy it. I am going to try this one next!

Finally, Dove Energy Glow is my fallback. It has always worked for me, but I like to try others to try to find the best. Happy Sunless Sunning!

p.s. Click on the pictures to find out where to purchase the tanners.