English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Undercover: Swim 2007

I know girls don't like to cover up those way cute tankinis and bikinis but running around in your swimgear is not highly advised. You need not worry because there are so many fun, stylish ways to cover up. I am going the dress route this year with a couple of darling ones I have already shown you in my Year of the Dress post. I also love this brown one ($36.50) from Gap.com. It's so easy to wear and pack in your cute swim bag (Target, $14.99), with the perfect little separate pocket for a wet bikini.

Let me tell you about my favorite cover-up purchase this year. Victoria's Secret had an adorable chemise that is long enough and beautiful enough that I had to snatch it up at 40% off, especially since it is just perfect for a cover-up. When I took it to the counter after trying on two colors, the sales girl took the one I didn't take and saved it for herself, agreeing with me that it would be perfect for out on the lake, or on the town. I could not find a picture of it on the web site so head to the closest Victoria's Secret and get one for yourself before they are gone... Semi-Annual Sale does start on June 19, and I am preparing!
Other options from Victoria's Secret include this cute little skirt ($24), which is made of swimsuit material and can make any rear look good. I also love this top ($29) as a fun little item. It might be a little out-of-place for some locations but perfect for the pool.

Oh, and we mustn't forget a charming floppy big hat to keep that sun off your gorgeous face, plus any gal with one on just looks so chic. The first one is a great price (Style Violet, $26), but the middle one is my favorite (Nordstrom, $96). I have always been partial to the cowgirl hat when I see gals with them on out on the lake. This is extremely pricey at $240, also at Nordstrom. Go keep it undercover, girls!