English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Float Trip Fashion

Float trip. Fashion. Those two things don't usually go together, but in a couple of weekends, I am going to attempt to pair the two. It's hard to look good when you are camping so I am going to be ready with a personal mirror and cute, easy clothes. I have gathered some photos of people I don't know on float trips to analyze their fashion. To the left, you have one girl in a bikini top with her hair down and one girl going a bit sporty with an un-fitted T and pulled back hair. I think the black and white top looks great. I am going to try to steer away from the oversized T-shirt look. I just hope they both remembered to pack their sunscreen. It's so easy to get fried while drinking and being in the sun for several hours, especially with the reflective quality of water. The one spot I always make sure I apply extra sunscreen is the upper thigh area that is openly exposed when sitting in a canoe all day.


I like these spaghetti strap tops, and I think that's a cute option. Simple and functional.

As far as this rowdy bunch goes, I would steer away from both the T-shirt/sport shorts combo and the visor. I know your hat might get tossed in the water when your canoe capsizes, but even a ball cap is cuter than a visor! We won't talk about the hair mistakes in this picture...

Here's a way-cheap option for a cover-up that I might do because if I ruin it, it didn't cost much. You see, river water isn't always clean, especially if you tip your canoe over. Then you can get soaked with river water and there is the possibility for tearing your lovely clothes. Alas, with the cute little outfit below, I can still look chic out on the water. It is a seersucker dress from the lovely Wal-Mart ($10). The fabric won't even wrinkle in the bag stuffed into the car, pushed into a ziploc bag so I can get some suntime in just my suit or crumpled up beside the blow-up mattress! I just hope I can find it at my local Super Wal-M.

The black tankini below from Target (top - $18) is what I will be wearing, I think; I have not completely made up my mind just yet. Instead of the traditional black bottom, I paired it with a black hipster type with a cute zebra belt. I was lucky enough to find it on sale for $5 each piece. Nothing like a $10 tankini! I do love Target!

So I hope we don't see a whole bunch of rocks like the first picture. That umbrella is... um... interesting. And that last pic is very typical float trip. I only can hope ours gets that crazy!