English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Friday, September 14, 2007

Product Review: Neutrogena Mineral Foundation

So, ladies, I did jump on the mineral powder train, but it wasn't because I had this burning desire to do so. You see, sometimes I am lazy in the morning, and I just do my makeup at work (after getting there early, of course!). One such morning, I was within 5 miles of my office (I commute - 30 miles each way), and I realized that I had forgotten my makeup at HOME!!!!

Now, you must first understand that I DON'T go without makeup. I must at the very least have mascara, a touch of gloss and a bit of concealer. Alas, I did not keep these essentials in my ginormous purse so I was SOL. Never fear, with my extra 20 minutes before worktime, I slipped into Walgreens and bought an emergency makeup set of Neutrogena minerals (it was buy one, get one 1/2 off!).

I am SO happy with it. It was the best makeup day of my life!

Pros: No mess (no creamy foundation fingers, no powder all over the place - just shake the brush on your face and Voila!), fairly inexpensive, better for your skin, mattifying, lasts a long time
Cons: The application system is confusing at first (but you just have to use the brush all over your face using a shaking motion - I am a pro now!), not as much coverage as regular foundation (but I like just a tint)
Grade: A+
Where to buy: most drugstores and discount stores, Amazon.com ($7), drugstore.com ($12)