English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloweeni Martini

I have decided to turn Halloween into a day to really celebrate. And by celebrate, I mean drink alcohol, and I think it should involve a Halloweeni Martini.

I think I am going to be a kitty cat. Meow. Then I am screwing the possible trick-or-treaters and meeting D. at a bar for some limited-time-only pumpkin beer and some delicious chokes & cheese. If we get back to my apartment in time for trick-or-treaters, I might serve them some Twix, Milk Duds and other goodies out of a v. large stainless steel martini glass I have. Their parents will think I am an alcoholic. That is, if they even come - apartments aren't exactly crawling with the little ghosts and goblins. If not, we are just keeping all the goodies for ourselves.

Here is a fun Halloweeni Martini recipe:

Jack O' Tini

2 oz. Vodka - chilled
1/4 oz. Bols Pumpkin Smash Liqueur
1 Candy Corn

Place a single candy corn at the bottom of chilled martini glass. Combine vodka and liqueur a shaker with ice, shake well and strain into the glass.

Get this recipe & other great ones here.

Just watch out for the flaming martinis!