English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Product Review: Bath & Body Works Strike Gold

Being the bargain shopper that I am, I didn't buy any of the Bronze Bombshell line at Bath & Body Works because it simply was not on sale. I had my eye on several of the products, and when I walked in recently and saw that all those products were 50% off, I bought several of them to try. My favorite was this product - Strike Gold - a self-tanning lotion with an awesome bronzer so you can tell where you put this self-tanner.

As I have said before, I simply do not do the real tan thing for several reasons. 1. I don't tan EVER. Even when I burn, I don't get a tan afterward; 2. I don't like skin cancer; 3. It is hard for me to get to the tanning booths often enough to have a great tan. So I am always on the lookout for great sunless-tanning products.

Pros: The bronzer makes you look tan as soon as you smooth it on, as well as prevents streaks that often turn people off of sunless-tanning products. It has a great coconut-y smell. Also, your skin will be so smooth and feel so soft after use - you can use it in place of lotion. I like it better than the gradual tanners because it has more immediate results, but it doesn't have the scary streakiness associated with several tanners like this. The color is NATURAL!

Cons: You still have to smooth it on (a bit more labor-intensive than lying in a tanning bed), and you do need to wait until you are completely dry after your shower to prevent any strangeness from a water droplet.

GG Grade: A

happy tanning,
gg